Sunday, May 27, 2012

Wise words from Venerable Loun Sovath

Op-Ed: Engaged Buddhism

"Monks are not arresting the monks, laymen are arresting the monk" - Ven. Loun Sovath


"Cambodian Buddhist monks are under pressure of the politicians" - Ven. Loun Sovath


"You (laymen) arrest the monk, it means you arrest Lord Buddha including all Cambodian monks and Supreme Patriarchs" - Ven. Loun Sovath


"No one can ban me from fulfilling my tasks, the tasks that are not opposing the Vinaya and the Rule of Law" - Ven. Loun Sovath


"You arrested me by force, by anger and hatred, by greed and delusion....I have no anger and revenge, and I forgive you all" - Ven. Loun Sovath


"The means of non-violence will overcome all obstacles" - Ven. Loun Sovath


"Natthi Santi Paramam Sukham = No Other Happiness is Greater Than Peace" - Ven. Loun Sovath

No comments:

Post a Comment